Monday, July 30, 2012

80 Days of Summer - Day 62 - Emmy's Birthday

Day 62 - Emmy's Birthday!
Well, Emmeline turned 11 today. I made her French toast for breakfast and her grandparents called to say hey to her. I worked this morning, and from there, the whole day revolved around Emmy. Can't wait til she turns 12 next year, so I'll have a hunting buddy!
 I always take the kiddos out to lunch on their birthday. Emmy requested Thai food. We had Crab Rangoon, Shrimp Pad Thai, and Squid Lomein. She said she was glad she went, but she'd rather have pizza or burgers at Zax. Afterwards, she requested Moab Diner and a Hot Fudge Malt.
 After lunch, I had a brief meeting at work, and then we went golfing. I let her drive the cart most of the time. 
 Birthday presents: a new watch and a Nintendo DS game - Harry Potter. Not in the picture - a really cool bag made by her Grandma Hodges (I think).
 She requested fried chicken for dinner and fruit pizza for her "birthday cake." We were almost done with the pizza when we remembered to sing Happy Birthday - we aren't very traditional in our house. We didn't even wrap her presents. We handed her the Walmart bag and the receipt fell out with the gifts. 
Singing Happy Birthday. After dinner and singing, Brandi took Emmy out to see The Dark Night Rises at the theater. [Editor's Note: They walked out of the movie in the first 5 minutes because it was so violent and it was freaking Emmy out - they saw Ice Age 4 instead.] So, I sat down to type this, and as I started, the Angels Kendrick Morales hit a two run homer. As I finish, he just came up in the same inning and hit a grand slam. This blog post is blessed.

No comments: